Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Tuesday...

   Two hours and thirty-five minutes before I have to clock in at work. The apartment had a seemingly strange draft coming from under the door, but I didn't think much of it. My shoes pants and t-shirt were all laid nicely on the floor from where I took them off yesterday, sliding them back on made me feel less anxious about my day ahead. I don't know why, but my clothes always did that. So much time was left before I had to go to the bus stop to wait on route two to come. This being the case I decided to go get a slice of my favorite: sicilian with pineapple, it was their specialty item on the menu.
   I plug in my headphones, walk out the revolving door of the complex, and shuffle play my music. Neil Diamond. Killer. You can't not like Neil Diamond, right? Taking a left out of Collingwood Heights made for a longer route, but since I had the time why not? Especially because I really liked passing the cemetery and the overgrown parking lot on my way there. When I was younger the lot was my favorite place to be since you could kind of hide yourself in the back corners. It was pretty too, all the greenery and little butterflies. I was in a better mood than usual today, probably because I loved my job, it always made me happy.
   Fifty-Three minutes left now. Sitting on the bench waiting for the bus to come, my backpack next to me, the sky started to drizzle a light rain that I could feel hit my skin as it blew under the hood that covered the bench. My stomach grumbled upsettingly, because it and me both knew I should really stop eating all that greasy pizza so regularly. I look up as I notice Lucas walking out the door of our building. He wasn't wearing anything... just boxers. I yelled to him "Um... why aren't you wearing any clothes??" He didn't seem to hear me so I tried again. "Hello? I'm talking to you, you know." He kept walking. I realized that I hadn't seen him around lately, but just assumed he has been cooped up in his apartment.
   As the bus pulled up to the stop there was a new driver, who usually was a lady was a man. I paused a minute and when I walked up the annoyingly spaced steps the new man asked me why I shake my leg when I'm sitting. I had never noticed before he said something. I paid him the 2.50 I owed him, ignoring his comment, and walked to a seat towards the middle of the bus. Immediately when I sat I started shaking my leg. How was I ever not going to notice this habit I had now that he pointed it out.
   4 stops till' I reached my job and twenty-eight minutes left. That was just enough time to get there. Sunset Animal Clinic.

4 comments:

  1. Firstly, I just wanted to say that this is a lovely post. Secondly, I would like to ask if it's alright if we simply see each other in passing. Both of our posts will be very busy and it would be a bit hard to plan a complex meet-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. works for me. if u want to write first I'll follow ur lead and if not I'll figure out something simple enough to not cause a lot of extra action

    ReplyDelete